Assistant Manager - Temple Brew House
Salary: Up to £24,000 per annum plus bonus
Location: 46 Essex St, LONDON WC2R 3JF
Name of Site: Temple Brew House
Here at The Temple Brew House we are mad about beer! With our very own Micro-Brewery on site, a vast selection of regularly rotating crafts and a frankly gigantic bottle list; we’ve got something for everyone.
Beer’s not all we do either – we love our food, with dishes inspired by American dining (lots of yummy burgers), but we’re also passionate about catering for vegetarians and vegans too. Even our beer is vegan! We’ve got a buzzing live sports calendar (not a ‘sports bar’ though), so experience working high volume shifts is a must!
We’re now in our 4th year and there’s a lot to get excited about at the Temple Brew House and we are now looking for an Assistant manager with a passion for craft beer, a background in high volume service and a creative, pro-active and positive attitude to collaborate with our team in driving the business forward.
They will be working closely with both the Assistant General Manager and the General Manager. We want someone to help and develop and run events. This often means working closely with breweries and sales reps to put of Tap Takeovers and sampling nights etc.
- Experience of running both bar and floor services [confident running high volume shifts is a must].
- You love craft beer! You have great knowledge of local and international craft beer and want to keep developing this passion.
- A strong, experienced and charismatic leader who can lead from the front and motivate the team, as well as assisting management.
- It’s a busy bar, so being able to think on your feet and adapt to situations as they unfold is a must.
- Comfortable using systems and processes including cash handling and stock ordering.
- Working knowledge of general Health & Safety and overall compliance.
- A passion for maintaining the high standards the pub is known for as well as finding creative ways to attract new customers.
Some or all of the following skills would be advantageous for our Assistant Manager:
- An understanding of Cellar Management including cellar standards, beer standards, technical cellar knowledge and stock control.
- Knowledge of Zonal till systems
- Knowledge of Design My Night booking system
- A Personal Licence
What’s in it for you as Assistant Manager:
- Competitive hourly pay and monthly Tronc share and a great bonus scheme.
- A tangible opportunity to start carving your career in craft beer, bar management, or a both!
- A chance to make your mark in a collaborative and fun environment with an enthusiastic support team and interesting range of customers.
- Be a part of making the Brew House great! Have a say in what beers we order in, what events we put on etc. We are truly a collaborative effort!
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our people just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate, take great pride in what they do and help us grow our good reputation further.