Sous Chef - the Petersfield
OTE/Bonus Potential: Up to £4,000 (Tips & Tronc)
Name of Site: The Petersfield
Experience required: At least 1 years experience as Sous Chef
Here at The Petersfield we’re a small local pub in Cambridge who are known for our great food and twists on English classics. We seat around 80 covers and are open Monday – Friday from 12:00pm. On the weekends we do a highly popular brunch from 10:00am and our signature roasts on Sunday’s. We also regularly hold themed nights and set menus that are very successful and a great way for the chefs to practice new dishes – we would love for you to be part of this!
Due to our increasing popularity, we’re now on the hunt for an ambitious and creative Sous Chef with fantastic communication skills and an ability to cope under pressure. You will be working alongside the supportive Head Chef Hannah, to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, helping with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocks.
Our new Sous Chef will be helping her put our menu on the map and take their food sales to another level.
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for you as a Sous Chef:
- Working alongside a collaborative and supportive Head Chef who is passionate about developing her team.
- Working with fresh ingredients on exciting and eclectic menus that change regularly.
- Involved in menu development and be in charge when the head chef is away.
- Professional Chef Academy and tangible career progression.
- Share of Tips and Service charge
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017.
- 50% off food and 20% off drink in all City Pub Co sites.
- Meals and uniforms.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Benefits.
- Flexible shift patterns with 2 days off a week.
About our next Sous Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Sous Chef who is ready for a new challenge.
- Have experience of working with fresh ingredients and is keen to support the Head Chef with menu development.
- A Sous Chef must be able to run the pass, communicate effectively and have a hand in placing orders.
- Experience of working in a professional kitchen and able to demonstrate a clear understanding of Health and Safety.
- Proven track record of managing the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence and controlling stock and GP.
- Someone with a background of dealing with high volume.
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead and motive their teams.
- Ability to Spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Technical skill and attention to detail are crucial.
- Creating and costing specials and event menus.
- Ordering and monitoring suppliers.
- Managing staff rotas.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further!
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.
Hannah and the team