Sous Chef- Royal Kitchens
Sous Chef- Royal Kitchens
London based with Travel
£28,000 - £31,000
This role will be based in London and will involve travelling to other Royal residences in and out of London. In return you can look forward to working in a unique and stimulating work environment, and be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including 33 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays), a 15% employer contribution pension scheme (with the option for flexibility - to increase contributions or draw down as salary) and lunch provided. The role also offers the option of Royal Household accommodation, for which there is a salary adjustment.
- Knowing that the team is ready to deliver the highest standards
- It’s the pride in developing those around you. And it’s joining a professional team who deliver exceptional service. This is what makes a career at the Royal Household so different.
- As Sous Chef you'll help to lead a team of professionals in the Royal Kitchens.
- Supporting the Head Chef, you'll oversee day-to-day operations and support the team to deliver menus for a wide range of events.
- You'll develop and prepare diverse menus and source the very best ingredients, as well as helping to manage stock levels and co-ordinate team rotas.
- You'll motivate and guide others in the Kitchens team, monitoring their performance and development, as well as training new members.
- And that's not all. You'll also have the opportunity to help drive things forward, working with senior colleagues to revive dishes and encourage new menu ideas, all whilst developing your own strategic mindset.
- Whether you're based at Buckingham Palace, or working at other residences, you'll guarantee the very best in all you do.
- Stable work history with no large gaps for the last 5 years with excellent references available
- No criminal convictions with UK or EU passport ONLY as you will be security cleared
- Possess catering qualifications
- Have substantial experience gained within 5 star/premier catering operations (Corporate/City contract catering would be ideal), most recently at a Sous chef level, where the highest standards are prerequisite
- Previous experience of fine dining
- Be proficient in all four sections of the kitchen: Larder, Veg., Sauce and Pastry
- Be experienced in menu planning and development
- strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to encourage and develop a team
- a strong communicator at all levels
- proven planning and organisation skills
- to be pro-active and able to use initiative
- adherence and awareness of legislative requirements
- pride and passion for the industry and food
- positive and flexible attitude with a hands-on, practical approach to management
- Able to travel with the Royal Household when required throughout the year
Does this sound like you?
If you are keen to discuss the details further, please apply today or send your CV to email@example.com
Due to high numbers of applicants we aren’t always able to provide feedback, if you do not hear from us in 2 weeks’ time please assume you have not been successful. However, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Tweet us @COREcruitment