Account Manager - The Morning Advertiser
ACCOUNT MANAGER - THE MORNING ADVERTISER
- Location: Crawley
- Business area: Hospitality
- Position: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (full or part time)
The Morning Advertiser (MA) is a market leading media brand aimed at the UK’s Pub and Bar sector.
Through the fortnightly magazine, daily updated website, and events including awards and high level networking events, the MA (established in 1794) has built a strong reputation not only for being first with news, but as a valuable business tool for pub operators. It is a vital brand for advertisers, offering engagement to licensees, pub company head office executives and industry suppliers. The MA offers a portfolio of around 10 events, awards and business conferences aimed at showcasing success in the pub trade.
The role involves management of MA’s property section in the magazine, along with the relaunched property website and contributing to sales on the MA’s main content website, newsletter and associated products. You will be expected to perform a very active sales role across Print, Digital and F2F media for your key customers. In this role these are primarily property agents such as Christie & Co and large Pub companies such as Greene King. This role will also actively implement the brands digital sales strategy, increasing the number of customers and revenue generated through our online products.
- Manage and deliver revenue income from print, events and digital advertising
- Morningadvertiser.co.uk – main website, newsletter, property website, MA Jobs website, other digital channels
- Fortnightly Magazine – property, classified, pubcos
- Supplements – property, classified, wallplanner, pubcos
- Roundtable events
- Events – pubco and property agent sponsorship
- Execute specific web/digital sales strategy
- Lead on the relaunched MA Property website monitoring client performance
- Ensure accuracy of ad production / placement
- Execute agreed strategy to ensure the hitting and exceeding of budgeted sales targets
- Provide some project management oversight for commercial projects
- Work with editorial and commercial team to deliver projects and brand extensions
- Identify new commercial opportunities for the brand, developing documented plans and implementing to achieve agreed objectives.
- Maintain excellent relations with commercial stakeholders
- Actively contribute to monthly forecasting and overall budgeting
- Make a sizeable personal contribution to weekly sales effort
- Develop industry contacts/relationships
- Contribute sales from your clients on the MA Jobs site
- Provide weekly sales figures, targets and forecasts to Commercial Director
- Work with editorial team to maximise commercial opportunities.
- Work with the commercial team to identify and exploit new revenue streams for the magazine, online or events
- Travel nationally on behalf of the brand ensuring time is spent wisely and with an eye on profitable return for time invested.
- Lead by example
Administrative duties include:
- Manage property targets against set standards.
- Monitor your own KPIs as agreed with Commercial Director
- Ensure CRM database is kept up to at all times
- Managing your time effectively to maximise sales time, always keeping work diary up to date
- Dealing swiftly with complaints and coordinating an appropriate response to such complaints
- Attending weekly sales meetings
- Attending other project meetings as required eg property website
- Weekly reporting to Commercial Director of individual sales performance
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Well trained in DIPADA or similar sales techniques
- Ambitious, Trustworthy, Responsible, Disciplined & Efficient, Hardworking and Tenacious
- The successful candidate must be numerate and literate
- A demonstrable track record in driving sales, leading the creative process and forming project groups to deliver on goals
- Extensive B2B media sales experience
- Experienced in
- Sponsorship sales
- Face to Face event sales
- Account Management
- Selling supplements
- Networking at events and within the industry
- Cross Selling
- Online sales
- Agency sales
- Print advertising sales
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Competitive salary
- 25 days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Contributory pension
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection Scheme
WHY WORK FOR US
William Reed has been providing market leading business information for over 150 years. From our origins in grocery, we have expanded across food and drink and into new sectors, including pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment solutions within our core markets.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US.
We provide a supportive work environment with various career progression opportunities.
Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
If you are interested in applying for the position please do so by clicking "Apply Now"