General Manager (Vintry)
The Vintry is a modern city bar, serving wines and cocktails to a discerning city crowd. Popular for food, the bar is always busy at lunchtime - and you can expect a lively, vibrant atmosphere in the evening.
What we can offer you;
- Enjoy the fast-paced fun of pub life
- Learn new skills to enhance your career with our industry leading training and development.
- Belong to a supportive, close-knit team
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% in all Fuller's pubs and heavily discounted stays in our hotels.
- We will reward you every time you introduce a friend to the Fuller’s family who successfully passes their probation.
- A great benefits package including enhanced sick pay.
Could you write the next chapter of our success story?
As our General Manager, you’ll be the driving force behind the success of the pub.
After a very successful 18 months, Harriet is embarking on a new challenge at Fuller’s and we are on the lookout for a super talented General Manager to take the helm at the iconic Vintry in the City of London. Located in prime position in the historic Abchurch Yard in the heart of the City, the pub boasts a selection of over 180 wines, numerous private hire spaces and a stunning open kitchen delivering a premium food offer making this go to venue for business lunches and after work drinks and dinner with an offer aimed to satisfy and exceed the expectations of the City crowd.
The Vintry is a high volume business achieving £50k weeks on a regular basis and of that £10k plus is on food. Lunch times are incredibly popular with city workers looking for fantastic food with efficient but unhurried service. This is a Monday to Friday business but also offers weekend private hire options and caters for several weddings each year. With the new Bank tube development right outside there will be ample opportunity to continue to grow the business.
The next General Manager of the Vintry will be unfazed by the high volume having had previous experience in a very busy site. Ensuring that you stay ahead of the game with the ever changing trends and requirements of the City will be key to ensuring that the pub remains in front of the competition. Building relationships with local business will allow you to continue growing the sales and marketing the pub as the ideal place for private hire events and functions will help to drive the business forward.
This is a live out position and is well suited for an existing experienced GM with exposure to a high volume business who is looking for the next big challenge.
Ultimately, the smiles on faces, the return visits and the positive reviews are all down to you - making this one of the most rewarding jobs in the hospitality business.
- Run a great pub, backed by the famous Fuller’s brewery
- Enjoy the freedom to make the pub your own
- Adopt a fantastic, friendly team
- Benefit from industry leading training and development.
For any General Manager, Fuller’s is a special company to work for. You’ll get lots of help and support from Head Office when you need it, but also plenty of encouragement to put your own spin on the pub.
You can take plenty of pride in the role too, knowing that Fuller’s ales, food and service has a reputation as some of the very best in the business.
You’ll need to be commercially minded, making the right decisions to keep customers pouring through the doors. Importantly though, you’ll be a people-person too - mindful that to many, you’re still a good old-fashioned ‘Landlord’.
And of course, you’ll have a team to look after. So we’re looking for somebody with true leadership qualities – able to keep both the customers and the team smiling.
- You’ll be great at leading a team
- You should be highly motivated and commercially focused
- You’ll need to be a great communicator
- You should have previous management experience
Please understand that we will need proof of your right to work in the UK.