Salary: Up to £28000
Hours: Up to 55 per week
Location: Burnham Market, North Norfolk
Name of Site: The Hoste
Experience required: NVQ 3 Professional Cookery, 2 years’ experience as a Sous Chef in a fresh food, high volume kitchen
Located in the pretty village of Burnham Market, with its excellent local boutique shops and traditional village green. The Hoste is only a couple of miles from the spectacular North Norfolk coastline, designated an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The Hoste kitchen produces modern British cooking with dishes reflecting the best of the region. Serving food all-day, our menus are based on locally sourced, seasonal ingredients. We support and work with a variety of local suppliers, and The Hoste’s lunch and dinner menus change regularly to reflect this approach to food.
We’re on the hunt for an ambitious and creative Sous Chef with fantastic communication skills and an ability to cope under pressure. You will be working closely alongside an experienced and collaborative Head Chef that is looking for a Sous Chef to help him take the food offering to the next level.
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our Sous Chef:
- The opportunity to work alongside an award-winning head chef who is passionate about developing his team.
- Consistently working with fresh ingredients and working closely with the head chef to develop interesting and seasonally changing menus.
- Involved in menu development and the development of the brigade.
- Professional Chef Academy and tangible career progression.
- Share of Tips and Service charge.
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017.
- 50% off food and 20% off drink in all City Pub Co sites.
- Meals and uniforms.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Benefits.
- Flexible shift patterns with 2 days off a week.
About our Sous Chef:
- An enthusiastic and dynamic Junior Sous Chef who is ready for a new challenge, with a real passion for food.
- Have experience of working with fresh ingredients and is keen to support the Head Chef with menu development.
- You must be able to run the pass, communicate effectively and have a hand in placing orders.
- Experience of working in a professional kitchen and able to demonstrate a clear understanding of Health and Safety.
- Proven track record of managing the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence and controlling stock and GP.
- Someone with a background of dealing with high volume.
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead and motive their teams.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Creating and costing specials and event menus.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.