Pastry Chef – The Hoste
Pastry Chef – The Hoste
Salary: £22,000 – £28,000, dependent on experience
Hours: Up to 55 per week
Location: Burnham Market, North Norfolk
Name of Site: The Hoste
Experience required: NVQ 3 Professional Cookery, a chef with a love for pastry
Located in the pretty village of Burnham Market, The Hoste is only a couple of miles from the spectacular North Norfolk coastline, designated an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The Hoste kitchen produces modern British food with dishes reflecting the best of the region. Serving food all-day, our menus are based on locally sourced, seasonal ingredients. We support and work with a variety of local suppliers, and The Hoste’s lunch and dinner menus change regularly to reflect this approach to our food.
We are on the lookout for a talented Pastry Chef – someone with creative flair and a real love for their art. Being a Pastry Chef at the Hoste means you get to put your mark on the menu, creating cool afternoon teas, jaw dropping desserts and everything else in between, from baking bread to making petit fours. You will work closely alongside our Head Chef, together taking pastry at The Hoste to the next level.
Benefits for our Pastry Chef:
- The opportunity to work alongside an award-winning head chef who is passionate about developing his team.
- Consistently working with fresh ingredients and working closely with the head chef to develop interesting and seasonally changing menus.
- Professional Chef Academy training opportunities.
- Share of Tips and Service charge
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017.
- 50% off food and 20% off drink in all City Pub Co sites.
- Meals and uniforms.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Benefits.
- Flexible shift patterns with 2 days off a week.
About our Pastry Chef:
- An enthusiastic and dynamic pastry chef who is ready for a new challenge, or a chef with a love for pastry looking for a move into the pastry section.
- Ability to prepare a wide variety of goods including bread, cakes, ice creams, tarts and petit fours following traditional and modern recipes.
- Experience of working in a professional, high volume kitchen and able to demonstrate a clear understanding of Health and Safety.
- Basic stock control.
- Good communication skills.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.