Assistant Manager – Market House
Assistant Manager – Market House
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
OTE/Bonus Potential: £2,500
Name of Site: Market House
Experience required – Minimum 1 year manager experience in a strong product based venue
The Market house will be a unique emporium of all things hospitality. We have a market floor, with ever changing food options, a beautiful large bar and separate cocktail bar, secret vault garden, 24 bedrooms and a rooftop event, garden and bar area.
We need a strong assistant manager who is looking to really excel in a unique venue that will be all about product and service. We want someone who can inspire and train the team to deliver great service in an ever changing product led business.
To help us achieve our exciting plans, we are looking for an experienced and proactive Assistant Manager who’s keen to make their mark and become part of something from the very beginning! Working with us will give you the opportunity to carry on learning and take your career to the next level.
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
About our Assistant Manager:
- A proven track record of guiding and developing teams – coaching, mentoring and sharing enthusiasm.
- This will be a very busy changeable bar and so will need you to be pro active and quick thinking
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as be a leader – you will need to on projects and assume responsibility in the General Manager’s absence.
- Working knowledge of general best practice including cash-handling, Health & Safety and overall due diligence.
- Experience of running both bar and floor services, you will need to be confident in running busy shifts as well as hosting functions and being part of the team who will look after the hotel guests.
Some or all of the following skills would be advantageous:
- Previous experience of working on a new opening from the start, would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Knowledge of local and international craft beer/wine/cocktail trends.
- A talent for spotting and resolving problems quickly and efficiently.
- Cellar Management including ordering and stock control.
- An understanding of Gross Profit, yield targets, wage targets & budgeting would be an advantage.
- Social Media & Events planning, including the use of the function room.
What’s in it for our Assistant Manager:
- An achievable Transparent Bonus Scheme of up to £2.5k a year.
- Performance related Share Options.
- Huge training and learning opportunities including on job, external courses and our 10-month Assistant Managers Development Programme.
- A chance to make your mark in a collaborative and fun environment with an experienced General Manager.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
- A tangible opportunity to progress your career.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they do and have strong sense of leadership and product knowledge.
We look forward to hearing from you.