Senior Sous Chef
Senior Sous Chef
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
OTE/Bonus Potential: Tronc
Name of Site: Brighton Beach Club
Experience required: Minimum 2 years as a Junior Sous
Location, Location, Location! We have it all! A reclaimed, contemporary restaurant with unparalleled views across Sussex. In what was Alfresco we have recently launched Brighton Beach Club. We are a club of 2 parts. We have a simple, fresh restaurant on our upstairs tier and below deck we have a relaxed, warm space where you will be able to pop in for coffee, pizza, a quick salad, cocktail, or just have some drinks with friends while being immersed in the beautiful surroundings.
Our menus are as eclectic as our customers! Our food is fresh and we will be constantly looking to update and keep the menu seasonally.
We’re on the hunt for an ambitious and creative senior Sous Chef with fantastic communication skills and an ability to cope under pressure. You will be joining an experienced and collaborative Head Chef that is looking for a Sous to help him put their menu on the map and take their food sales to another level.
As a company we offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our Sous Chef:
- Working alongside a collaborative and supportive Head Chef who is passionate about developing his teams.
- Working with fresh ingredients on exciting and eclectic menus that change regularly.
- Involved in menu development and be in charge when Head Chef Alex is away.
- Professional Chef Academy and providing tangible career progression.
- Share of Tips and Service charge.
- 50% off food and 20% off drink in all City Pub Co sites.
- Meals and uniforms.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Benefits.
- Flexible shift patterns.
About our Sous Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Sous Chef who is ready for a new challenge.
- Have experience of working with fresh ingredients and is keen to support the Head Chef with menu development.
- You must be able to run the pass, communicate effectively and have a hand in placing orders.
- Experience of working in a professional kitchen and able to demonstrate a clear understanding of Health and Safety.
- Proven track record of managing the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence and controlling stock and GP.
- Someone with a background of dealing with high volume.
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead and motive their teams.
Some extra special bit’s we’d love our Sous Chef to have:
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Technical skill and attention to detail are crucial.
- Creating and costing specials and event menus.
- Ordering and monitoring suppliers.
- Managing staff rotas.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.