General Manager – The Travellers Friend
Salary: Up to £35,000 plus bonus
Bonus: Based on % EBITDA
Location: Woodford Green, Essex
The Travellers Friend is a fantastic neighbourhood site from the award-winning and ever-growing City Pub Group. We are extremely proud to of this beautiful destination pub and restaurant in the gorgeous area of Woodfood, East London.
We are looking for an experienced and confident General Manager that can join this busy, service-led pub/restaurant that has a genuine love for great service, amazing food and incredible drinks. You will have the opportunity to shape The Travellers Friend by developing your team and working closely with our kitchen to drive our seasonal and freshly produced menu.
Travellers has a special place in the community. We’re looking for someone who can continue to nurture these ties and broaden the pubs appeal with our neighbours. We have a great reputation for putting on events that the whole community can get involved with.
Following on from a recent refurbishment of the property, The Travellers Friend features a high-quality kitchen, large function room for various events, an outstanding beer garden for al-fresco drinking and dining plus a luxurious restaurant space.
At The Travellers Friend you will be given the creative freedom to make the site a success, so we are looking for a General Manager to bring ideas to the table. We offer excellent benefits including Company Profit Share, Share Options and Bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our General Manager?
- The opportunity to be an autonomous General Manager where your ideas can be developed into the business and where your hard-work is regularly rewarded.
- Achievable Transparent Bonus Structure which is based on % of EBITDA.
- Performance related Share Options.
- Learning and development opportunities offering tangible career progression.
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme
- Innovative, confident and pro-active approach.
- Experience of running high volume, food focused restaurant services.
About our General Manager:
- Proactive in finding new business opportunities, networking and confident with marketing.
- Proven track record of controlling and managing budgets, Health & Safety and overall compliance.
- Enjoys leading from the front and developing their teams.
- A working knowledge of managing Head Chefs and their kitchens in a fresh food operation.
- A talent for spotting and resolving problems quickly and efficiently.
- Passion and dedication to attention to detail across all areas of a high volume and demanding venue.
- Experience of developing and building a strong team that can be nurtured and supported as they grow.
- A real host! A charming and engaging personality that can build great relationships with staff and customers.
- Previous experience dealing with social media accounts and marketing-based sales campaigns.
- Personal License.
- Suitable experience and be comfortable working in an autonomous environment where primary business decisions are made at a site level.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Suitable candidates will be invited for an interview, followed by a Business Plan on the site and at least 1 visit to The Traveller’s Friend will be essential during the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.