Head Chef – The Bicycle Shed
- Pub Chef
Head Chef – The Bicycle Shed
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum plus bonus
OTE/Bonus Potential: £6,000
Location: Summertown – Oxford
Name of Site: The Bicycle Shed
Minimum 1 year Head Chef experience in a fresh food led creative kitchen
The Bicycle Shed is a hub of food, service and drinks. We are looking for a special Head Chef who wants to work and drive the ‘Shed’ menu to be a continuing explosion of flavours and exceptional food offerings of which 50% of the menu is focused around plant based ingredients.
Our perfect Head Chef needs to have a flare for creating interesting and relevant dishes that change monthly and can also ensure all the professional day to day jobs and due diligence is followed and maintained to a high standard.
Are you truly being allowed to write your own menus? Is healthy, vegetarian inspired cooking something you’ve got a passion for? Do you want to run one of the most exciting kitchens in Oxford?
The City Pub Group are an independent Pub Company that believe in empowering and developing talented people to reach their full potential. So if you have a passion for working with quality fresh ingredients and developing exciting seasonal menus this could well be the challenge you’ve been waiting for!
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our Head Chef:
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- Work with fresh ingredients and evolve interesting, quirky and seasonally changing menus.
- Achievable Transparent Bonus Structure.
- Performance related Share Options.
- Training and development including the opportunity to become a ‘Mentor’ to our Academy Members.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme.
About our Head Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Head Chef who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge.
- A determined and hard-working chef that is able to collaborate with Senior Management on a thoughtful and well-structured menu.
- Proven track record of running a professional kitchen including managing budgeted GPs and *5 Food Hygiene.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of building, motivating and developing teams to get the best results at all times.
The following skills would also be advantageous:
- Menu development and costing experience.
- Proven track record of managing budgeted GP’s.
- History of training and developing teams.
- 2 years experience in running high volume quality venues
- Fresh homemade experience.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Rob Cunningham – General Manager