EXPERIENCED BAR/CLUB MANAGER
Up the Creek Comedy Club - General Manager Vacancy
General Bar/Venue Manager Required at Legendary Up the Creek Comedy Club
Full Time Salary - £27k + bonuses.
About the Venue:
Founded by British comedy legend Malcolm Hardee in 1991, Up the Creek, located in the heart of Royal Greenwich, retains its reputation as one of of the most iconic comedy venues in the whole of the UK. Having helped launch the careers of industry heavyweights such as Jimmy Carr, Jo Brand and Harry Hill, Up the Creek showcases an eclectic combination of the most established comedy veterans as well as the most exciting comedic voices of tomorrow. From Thursday’s hugely successful interactive open mic ‘The Blackout’ to the raucous crowds and outstanding line-ups every Friday and Saturday through to the more chilled atmosphere (but no less spectacular bills!) featured on our Sunday Specials, Up the Creek proudly showcases the best of the British comedy scene, week in, week out.
A fully licensed entertainment venue with a capacity of 275, we also run a small in-house micro brewery featuring our own hugely popular beers on-site.
About the Team:
Our team consists of a small core group of long-term staff including 1 Booking Director, 1 Assistant Manager and several part-time bar and booking employees, working on a packed programme of weekly shows (see above) as well as one-off corporate events and intermittent television and radio recordings.
We are looking for a new General Manager to replace our current manager, who will sadly be retiring after 27 years at the venue. The General Manager will work in close collaboration with our current 1 Booking Director and 1 Bar Assistant Manager, with a focus upon bar and venue management.
About the Position:
- Approximately 40 - 45 hours per week.
- General company administration, book-keeping.
- Operations and venue management.
- Excellent customer service and HR abilities.
- Employee schedules & training.
Please note, this post involves regular evening and weekends with most bank holidays being treated as standard working days. The job also involves a mandatory 3-month probationary period.
- At least 3 years experience in management position, preferably within the entertainment/catering sector.
- In possession of personal alcohol license.
- Excellent administrative skills, with particular focus on stock, finance and book-keeping.
- Ability to manage and work collaboratively with a small team of club staff.
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment often subject to last-minute changes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; outstanding phone etiquette.
Please send your CV and a one-page cover letter relaying all relevant work experience and suitability for the position to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Apply for EXPERIENCED BAR/CLUB MANAGER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly