Custodian of the Tap Room!
Are you looking to develop and progress your career?
Are you passionate about traditionally brewed Real Ales and locally sourced, Home Cooked food served in a quirky historic pub in picturesque rural Suffolk village?
Then we have the job of your dreams….
We are looking for the next Custodian of the famous ‘Low House Tap Room’, unchanged since the 15th century you will feel like you are stepping back in time. Carefully kept Beer is poured straight from the barrel and we also have on offer a fine selection of wines and spirits in our designated bar area.
The pub is a warren of individual rooms spread over this unique thatched building, one of two pubs in this quaint village. Also offering Bed and Breakfast accommodation in three bespoke rooms and a large pub garden.
Offering a friendly welcome and an expanding range of tasteful events run throughout the calendar year, this really is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be a part of such a magical venue and fantastic team.
Working side by side with our talented young Head Chef, we are looking for an experienced, passionate, energetic leader who will continue to preserve the history and reputation of the Low House. With the help of a small, but dedicated team:
- You will oversee the day to day running of the bar, stock management and ordering, working to a set budget.
- Have a real flair and passion for service, working with quality products and a good understanding of real ales.
- Be an open, engaging and humble personality, who has the confidence to be the face of ‘The Low House’ on a day to day basis.
- Experienced in training and developing the service skills of the Bar Team, managing all bar recruitment and rotas.
- Ensure our high standards of delivering fresh, flavoursome drinks & bar food are met and presenting a friendly welcoming service all of the time.
In return we can offer:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Live In accommodation to be negotiated
- Discount on staff drinks
- Pension contribution
- A supportive and dedicated team
- 5 day working week
Apply for Bar Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly