Self Employed Pub Operator
Originally built in the 1700's and having recently undergone a massive refurbishment, The Old Tigers Head is the perfect mix of Old and New, with an established reputation for serving quality fresh food, a fantastic selection of drinks and a multitude of live events; it is the perfect place to hone your skills and develop your passion for the industry.
We are searching for a committed, proactive Pub Operator, one whom would enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced environment. You will promote and grow the business, hire and train staff and ensure that the quality of service received by all is nothing short of perfect from ordering to final serving. You will also manage inventory and resources, plan promotional events, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, create schedules, and set business objectives to increase profits and maximize customer satisfaction.
Pub Manager Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as having a current personal license (APLH), taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours.
- Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
- Working with diverse personalities both staff and patrons.
- Planning and taking part in promotional events.
- Diffusing tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
- Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and bank holidays.
- Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
- Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Keeping up to date with licensing legislation and taking legal responsibility for the premises
- Ensuring beer and wine are kept in good condition.
- Enforcing health and safety rules.