Sous Chef - The Hoste
Salary: £26,000.00 to £28,000.00 subject to experience plus gratuities, live-in available
Hours: 48hr contract or as the business requires
Location: Burnham Market, Kings Lynn
Name of Site: The Hoste
Experience required: Minimum of 2 years experience as a Senior Chef de Partie or Sous Chef working with fresh food.
The Hoste in Burnham Market is one of the most iconic venues on the north Norfolk coast. The original building, The Hoste Arms has served weary travellers, seasoned sailors and locals for more than 400 years. Now the Hoste is a boutique 63 bedroom hotel and spa, with a beautiful walled garden and garden room, and an award winning restaurant.
Recently acquired by City Pub group, we are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Sous chef to join the team, and assist the head chef with building on, and improving the great reputation that the Hoste already has. If you have strong interpersonal and organisational skills, an eye for detail and a desire to cook with fresh food, using the most up to date techniques and equipment then we want to hear from you.
Working alongside the head chef, you will be responsible for ensuring the highest standards across the department are met. You will be an experienced leader looking for a new challenge and in an environment that will test your skill. As anyone who has worked in a hotel will know the multifaceted nature of the business makes it a dynamic and challenging place to work, providing the highest level of guest and customer satisfaction is paramount as well as developing and motivation your team.
What’s in it for our Sous Chef:
- Working alongside a collaborative and supportive Head Chef who is passionate about developing his teams.
- Working with fresh ingredients on exciting and eclectic menus that change regularly.
- Involved in menu development and be in charge when the head chef is away.
- Professional Chef Academy and tangible career progression.
- Share of Service charge.
- 50% off food and 20% off drink in all City Pub Co sites.
- Meals and uniforms.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Benefits.
- Flexible shift patterns.
About our Sous Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Sous Chef who is ready for a new challenge.
- Have experience of working with fresh ingredients and is keen to support the Head Chef with menu development.
- You must be able to run the pass, communicate effectively and have a hand in placing orders.
- Experience of working in a professional kitchen and able to demonstrate a clear understanding of Health and Safety.
- Proven track record of managing the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence and controlling stock and GP.
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead and motive their teams.
Extra Special skills to make you stand out:
- Ability to Spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Technical skill and attention to detail are crucial.
- Creating and costing specials and event menus.
- Ordering and monitoring suppliers.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.
Edward Barker and Team