General Manager – Chelsea, Refurbishment and new Opening
Salary: £36,000 - OTE/Bonus Potential: Up to £6,000pa
Name of Site: The Jam Tree
Experience required: 2 years as a General Manager
The Jam Tree, Chelsea is a long-established and iconic venue that boasts a large outdoor garden, quirky loft event space and buzzing ground floor bar. Located in the heart of the King’s Road, it is a destination venue for South West London’s late-night party scene! Not just a place to swill beautiful cocktails, we also offer a tasty all-day menu that is sure to hit the spot.
We are now looking for a General Manager that loves creating a buzzy, friendly and energetic atmosphere and will embrace becoming part of the community. They should also have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to build an impressive calendar of weekly and monthly events to keep our customers coming back for more. You will also be a key figure in developing a team of staff, so a real people person is key for this role.
This is a wet-led site in close proximity to Stamford Bridge stadium, so requires a manager who is confident managing high-volume sessions and maintaining a strong service ethic throughout.
This is an exciting opportunity to help plan and execute a refurbishment, creating a premium offer that will have lots of scope to put your own mark on this new opening with the City Pub Group where we offer excellent benefits including Company Profit Share, Share Options and Bonuses, and a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our General Manager:
- The opportunity to be an autonomous General Manager where your ideas can be developed into the business and where your hard-work is regularly rewarded.
- Achievable Transparent Bonus Structure which is based on % of EBITDA.
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- An opportunity to bring your ideas to the table and really drive the business forward.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
What we’re looking for in our General Manager:
- Innovative, confident and pro-active approach – ideally with experience of managing a new opening or refurbishment.
- A real host! A charming and engaging personality that can build great relationships with staff and customers.
- Working knowledge of a drinks focused venue – cellar/stock management is an essential requirement.
- Suitable experience and be comfortable working in an autonomous environment where primary business decisions are made at a site level.
- Proactive in finding new business opportunities, networking and confident with developing a marketing strategy.
- Proven track record of controlling and managing budgets, Health & Safety and overall compliance.
- A General Manager that can help develop your staff through our company-wide Management Training Programmes.
Some or all of the following skills would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of quality cocktails and a passion for consistent delivery.
- The ability to plan a diverse year-round events calendar.
- Valid Personal License.
- Previous experience dealing with social media accounts and marketing-based sales campaigns.
- Dedication to attention to detail across all areas of a high volume and demanding venue.
- Experience in managing a late night venue with a strong control of licensing objectives
- Some experience of managing a new opening, including recruitment, offer development and working to deadlines
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great care and pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.