Head Chef, food lead country pub
Head Chef needed to lead the kitchen team at this busy food lead pub a short drive from Cirencester, salary cup to 30k plus annual bonus
We are looking for a highly experienced, hands-on and passionate Head Chef with strong fresh food restaurant or pub background to lead the kitchen in this popular venue.
The pub is part of a great regional brewery with a great reputation for not only its ales but its great quality food. The menu is a mix of core dishes, and more individual dishes, allowing for creativity with daily specials and events etc. Although you will work of an extensive menu bank, all dishes are to be made freshly on site, the company champions an award winning butchers and encourages other local suppliers.
As this is a hands-on Head Chef role, you will need to enjoy the buzz of a leading a kitchen, leading from the front whilst motivating and getting the best out of an established team.
You will ensure high standards and consistency within the food operation, control kitchen budgets and targets, manage suppliers, health and safety, legislation etc.
* Solid proven Head Chef experience in fresh food pubs and restaurant operations.
* Solid financial knowledge (GPs, quality/portion control) and a knowledge of the impact it has on the business
* Knowledge of Back of House procedures
* Experience of managing a small brigade.
* A real personality – fun, passionate, charismatic, enthusiastic, people-focused and adaptable to all personalities.
* A great communicator - excellent at developing relationships with the team and others involved
* Previous strong experience of running a busy, high-volume kitchen
This is a quality company with an excellent reputation and offers great scope for future development with ongoing training and development opportunities and annual bonus scheme.
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format.