Salary up to £40,000 Plus Benefits
Erbistock, Near Wrexham, North Wales
Up to £40,000 + Benefits and Accommodation
You might not have heard of us, but we're a group of over 70 pubs up and down the country - and there's a good chance one of them is your favourite local. Our Managers run the pubs as their own, choosing the beers, gins, wines and whiskeys, deciding what events to put on, taking ownership of the whole business. Our Chefs make virtually everything from scratch and within a few loose guidelines write the menus themselves, changing them every 6 weeks.
We offer the freedom of a great independent local built on the idea that the most important thing is happy people (both guests and the team) but with the financial stability and savvy know-how of a big group. Oh, and we like beer. A lot.
About the pub
Often you can come to our pub on a sunny evening, sit in the conservatory looking up the river, and watch the fishermen in their waders casting flies for salmon. Inside there is a warren of lovely little rooms to dine or drink, many with inviting real fires and at the heart of the pub, a well-stocked bar, serving local ales and a great range of spirits and wines.
Our menus have a spine of modern British cookery and range from hearty dishes to lighter bites. Our chefs change them regularly to reflect the changing seasons, using locally sourced produce wherever possible.
We pride ourselves on offering a warm welcome and look forward to seeing our regular customers and meeting new ones.
We're part of Brunning & Price, which means we have all the independence to run our pub and kitchen how we want, but with the support and stability of a rapidly growing big group backing us up whenever we need it.
We’re looking for a warm and charismatic host to take up the reins as Pub Manager to drive this substantial business forward.
As a Pub Manager, you’ll enjoy a high degree of independence with freedom to be creative and really make the pub your own.
If you’d like to be a Pub Manager within a company with a true family feel, please read on…
- A real foodie who also has a genuine passion for beer and wine
- A confident decision maker
- In your element looking after customers
- Commercially and financially astute
- Innovative with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to inspire and direct a happy crew
- A proven manager in a similar fresh food environment
- A big personality and a fun-loving character
- Hands-on with a 'can do’ attitude
Would you enjoy?
- Running your own business
- Food tastings and regular menu development
- Choosing your own beer and wine line up
- The opportunity to negotiate with suppliers
- Planning and marketing events
- Driving quality standards and profitability
- Having the support of a central team to call upon when you need it
What we offer our Managers in return…
- A competitive salary package and benefits
- High quality, free manager’s accommodation
- Work/life balance - 48 hour contract
- Personal and career development opportunities
- 33% discount and employee benefit scheme
- Sharesave and pension scheme
- Long service awards
- Flexibility to move between pubs
- Most of all, a quality based environment that’s fun, engaging, rewarding and with plenty of support to help you along the way.
If you like the sound of us and would like to become a Pub Manager in the Brunning and Price family, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply for Pub Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly