Assistant Manager – The Bicycle Shed
The Bicycle Shed is a fantastic food & drink hot spot in Summertown, North Oxford. Newly opened last October we’re a 50-100 cover restaurant that focuses on fresh, organic, lovely food. With a largely vegetarian menu (50% veggie with a great selection of vegan options – but we do serve meat & fish from some brilliant local suppliers & farms) we’re keeping it creative with an inspired team of chefs and FOH staff, keen to show off incredible talents, learn from each other, bounce ideas and deliver a fantastic service.
Our front of house serves a brilliant selection of beers, wines, cocktails & coffees and the atmosphere is buzzing with many returning customers every single day. We offer imaginative menus at brunch, lunch & dinner as well as classic Sunday roasts every week…dishes for everyone!
We aspire to be recognised throughout Oxfordshire for offering incredible & reasonably priced food & drink in a warm, casual & wonderful environment. In order to achieve our goals we need a strong Assistant Manager to join the team and help take the restaurant to the next level!
What’s in it for our Assistant Manager:
- An achievable Transparent Bonus Scheme of up to £2500 a year.
- Performance related Share Options.
- Huge training and learning opportunities including on job, external courses and our 10-month Assistant Managers Development Programme.
- A chance to make your mark in a collaborative and fun environment with an enthusiastic support team and interesting range of customers.
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 per employee in 2018.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
- A tangible opportunity to progress your career.
About our Assistant Manager:
- Experience of running high volume restaurant service and liaising with the kitchen team.
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as be a leader – you will need to work on projects and assume responsibility in the General Manager’s absence.
- We have a really strong food offering and we aim for our service to match the level of quality we put on the plate.
- Be customer driven and enjoy engaging with guests and cultivating relationships within the community.
- Working knowledge of general Health & Safety and overall compliance.
- Enjoy and maintain the high standards the restaurant is known for as well as finding creative ways to attract new customers.
- A passion for hospitality and to work with the whole team to help grow the business and make its mark on the Oxford food & drink scene
- A desire to learn and progress in your career and assist with the development of the team around you
Some or all of the following skills would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of seasonal ingredients and a passion to share this with our eager team.
- Wine & beer service experience and passion to recommend pairings for our ever-changing food menu.
- An understanding of Gross Profit, yield targets, wage targets & budgeting would be an advantage.
- Social Media & Events planning.
- Experience with rota writing & forecasting
- A Personal Licence
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual and has a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in quality service and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Rob and the Bicycle Shed team!