Sous Chef - Pride of Paddington
Paddington is the destination for international travellers with The Pride of Paddington at its heart. Right opposite the New Elizabeth line and Paddington Train station we cater from breakfast through to supper. We are a high volume, high footfall venue serving quintessentially wholesome British Fayre. Not just famous for our good grub but also playing host to our 60 nightly guests in our hostel situated above the pub.
We’re on the hunt for a strong Sous Chef with good leadership skills who can support our Head Chef Bonako in running our high- volume kitchen. Organisational skills would be a great asset as our serve sessions are popular with the tourists.
Working in a small well organised and highly motivated team our ideal Sous Chef will be a great team player with a sense of humour.
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our Sous Chef:
- Working alongside a collaborative and supportive Head Chef who is passionate about developing his team..
- Involved in menu development and be in charge when Bonako is away.
- Professional Chef Academy and tangible career progression.
- Share of Tips and Service charge
- Paid day off for your birthday
- 50% off food and 20% off drink in all City Pub Co sites.
- Unlimited coffee to keep you going!!
- Employee Assistance Programme and Benefits.
- Flexible shift patterns with 2 days off a week.
About our new Sous Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Sous Chef who is ready for a new challenge.
- Have experience of working in high volume services and is keen to support the Head Chef with menu development.
- You must be able to run the pass, communicate effectively and have a hand in placing orders.
- Experience of working in a professional kitchen and able to demonstrate a clear understanding of Health and Safety.
- Proven track record of managing the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence and controlling stock and GP.
- Someone with a background of dealing with breakfast service.
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead and motive their teams.
- Experience in a fast-paced pub environment required
- Ability to Spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Technical skill and attention to detail are crucial.
- Ordering and monitoring suppliers.
- Managing staff rotas.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.
Jason & Bonako