Area Manager – East Anglia
Salary: £35,000.00 to £45,000.00 per annum subject to experience, plus travel & company benefits
OTE/Bonus Potential: Bonus relating to KPIs & regional performance
Hours: As required to include evenings & weekends
Location: East Anglia
Name of Site: Regional
A minimum of 4 years at General Manager level, or above, with a proven track record of success
As City Pub Company continues its recent growth whilst retaining its core (independently minded) values, an opportunity has become available for an ambitious, passionate Area Manager in East Anglia.
The main purpose of the Area Manager role is to support the Operations Manager across the region by taking on a full range of operational and administrative duties to support and develop the region’s strategic planning, sales growth and business development.
Through effective support, direction and leadership, the Area Manager will help deliver consistently high levels of standards, product quality and customer service. The Area Manager role plays a vital role in ensuring the day-to-day operations of the business are effective and takes on some critical accountability for the performance and operational standards within the area.
The Area Manager will assume full regional responsibility during the Operations Manager’s annual leave and assume a hands-on management role from time to time to support interim periods of General Manager cover.
Please note, this is not a role for pencil pushers or office dwellers! You’ll be in our pubs a minimum of 4 days per week to include evenings & weekends, leading from the front whilst continuing your personal development with an ever-growing company.
If you’re a fantastic communicator who leads by example, well versed in pub management and with an unflinching passion for hospitality & teamwork, keep reading!
Area Manager Responsibilities to include:
Team Management and Development:
- Help oversee and motivate Managers to deliver agreed targets, deadlines and budgets.
- Provide effective and appropriate levels of direction, support and training across all areas of the business.
- Support with performance, grievance and disciplinary issues.
Wages and Forecasts:
- Make sure staffing levels are appropriate against forecasted trade.
- Work with the sites to realise efficiencies and keep wage % within budget.
Stock Control and Menu Development:
- Proactively monitor and manage weekly wet and dry stock results. (incl stock holding & supplier use)
- Ensure appropriate pricing strategies are in place for each site.
- Ensure all site staff training records and risk assessments – including FLOW – are kept up to date.
- Work alongside the Area Chef in addressing any issues and points raised during Food Alert/EHO visits.
- Actively seek out & develop talent from within the business.
- Work/liaise with the recruitment manager to support effective recruitment at site level.
Events, Sales and Marketing:
- Work with sites to drive key annual celebrations, holidays and major sporting events.
- Provide regular merchandising and messaging feedback and support to Ops and site.
New Openings and Site Cover:
- Support and oversee a wide variety of set-up and opening tasks as agreed with the Operations Manager.
- Provide short term pub ‘holds’ where required as well as occasional site holiday support.
Please note that the above is only an outline of the main role and responsibilities and that there will be additional duties expected to ensure the smooth and effective day to day running of the area.
- An experienced manager able to demonstrate a track record of success both conceptually & financially.
- Maintain your presence in our pubs, working creatively with our managers, on the frontline when necessary, whilst continuing your personal development with a view to future growth & opportunities.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a passion for working as part of a team & developing your colleagues/teams to excel.
- Your work ethic is unquestionable and you will be able to commit to a flexible work schedule as per the needs of the businesses, under the guidance of the Ops Manager.
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of pub management to include financial performance, food & drink service, H&S, HR and sales. In addition you have the people skills to impart this knowledge where needed in a collaborative and supportive manner!
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you. If you have any initial queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Ollie & the City Pub Company team