Sous Chef – Cat & Mutton
Experience: 2 years as Senior CDP or 1 Year as Sous Chef
The Cat & Mutton in trendy East London are looking for an experienced Sous-Chef that is ready for a new challenge and wants an opportunity to learn and develop new skills. You will join an experienced and motivated team that love to share ideas and try new things.
A place to eat, drink and party with hearty pub grub and a fine selection of beers and cocktails. The food at Cat & Mutton reflects the area. Lots of small dishes for pairing with a great drink and a leaning towards vegetarian and vegan dishes. We cook from fresh and use some great suppliers. Sundays are big for us and have a great reputation for a quality roast.
As Sous-Chef, you will be offered competitive hourly rates, a share of the tips, company-wide discounts, stonking staff parties, Profit Share, on duty meals and a whole lot more!
About you our Sous Chef:
- An enthusiastic and dynamic Sous-Chef who is ready for a new challenge.
- Have experience of working with fresh ingredients.
- Experience of working in a professional kitchen and able to demonstrate a clear understanding of Health and Safety.
- Basic stock and GP control.
- Good communication skills.
- A team player who is willing to work hard and help motivate your team to get the best results from them at all times.
- Someone with a background of dealing with high volume and preparing fresh ingredients.
Benefits for our Sous Chef:
- As Sous-Chef you will be working alongside a supportive and experienced Head Chef who is passionate about training and developing his
- Professional Chef Academy training opportunities.
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017.
- 50% off food and 20% off drink in all City Pub Co sites.
- Meals and uniforms.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Benefits.
- We also run a ‘bonus scheme’ so beating weekly targets means adding and extra pound (or more) to that hourly rate!
- Flexible shift patterns with 2 days off a week.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.
Andrea and Team