Assistant Manager – Cat & Mutton
Salary: Up to £26,000 per annum (Live-In Also available)
Bonus: Up to £1.50ph + Bonus TBC
Experience required: 1 year as Assistant Manager or 2 years as supervisor
We’re a Hackney institution (but in the right way…) that has been pouring beers and feeding hungry patrons since the 1700’s. Situated at the head of Broadway Market we’re proud to be part of such a vibrant and eclectic street and the Saturday Market attracts London’s greatest foodies. We have events on through the week with live Jazz and a Quiz on during the week then DJ’s throughout the weekend.
We’re on the hunt for an ambitious Assistant Manager to join our crew. We’re focused on making sure our customers have a great experience and keep coming back. Part of your role will be ensuring busy shifts are run smoothly and making sure the team are motivated and focused.
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our Assistant Manager:
- Performance related Share Options.
- Huge training and learning opportunities including on job, external courses and our 10-month Assistant Managers Development Programme.
- A chance to make your mark in a collaborative and fun environment with an enthusiastic support team and interesting range of customers.
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 per employee in 2017.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme
- We also run a ‘bonus scheme’ so beating weekly targets means adding and extra pound (or more) to that hourly rate!
- A tangible opportunity to progress your career.
- Experience of running both bar and floor services confident running busy sessions and events.
- A strong, experienced and charismatic leader who can lead from the front and develop their teams.
- It’s a busy bar, so being able to think on your feet and adapt to situations as they unfold is a must.
- Comfortable using systems and processes including cash handling and rotas.
- Working knowledge of general Health & Safety and overall compliance.
- Enjoy and maintain the high standards the pub is known for as well as finding creative ways to attract new customers.
Some or all of the following skills would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of local and international Craft beer, wine & cocktail trends.
- Cellar Management including ordering and stock control.
- An understanding of Gross Profit, yield targets, wage targets & budgeting would be an advantage.
- Social Media & Events planning,
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.