Assistant Manager – The Lighthouse
Experience required: 1-year experience in AM or Senior Supervisor role
The Lighthouse is a great pub in the heart of Battersea, walking distance from Battersea park and boasts a versatile open plan interior with the best garden in the local area. With a wide range of quality beers and wines that change regularly with the seasons and trends we are the ideal watering hole for a loyal local following as well as families and sports fans.
We take our beer very seriously with 13 keg and 4 cask ale lines boasting a wide variety of great products from reliable classics to fresh seasonal brews from local suppliers. This coupled with a great range of spirits and a seasonal wine list positions us ahead of other pubs with ties to bigger breweries allowing us to give our customers all the choice they could ever need on their doorstep.
Alongside our offer from the bar we have a dedicated kitchen team producing great food for all including an all-day menu that offers brunch, sharing boards, small plates and mains. We also cater for large groups with BBQ’s in our garden and sharing platters. Though not a sports bar with both BT and Sky sports we have built a strong reputation for showing sports and created an accessible atmosphere allowing everyone from the most dedicated fan to a casual watcher to watch their team in their own way.
There’s a lot to be excited about and plenty of room for creativity at the Lighthouse and we are now looking for an Assistant Manager with a background in high volume, strong wet and dry knowledge and a drive for events and promotion.
We offer excellent benefits including weekly bonuses, great Tronc rates, cycle to work scheme and much more.
About our Assistant Manager:
- Experience of running both bar and floor services confident running busy sessions and sporting events
- A strong, experienced and charismatic leader who can lead from the front and develop their teams.
- It’s a busy bar, so being able to think on your feet and adapt to situations as they unfold is a must.
- Comfortable using systems and processes including cash handling and rotas.
- Working knowledge of general Health & Safety and overall compliance.
- Enjoy and maintain the high standards the pub is known for as well as finding creative ways to attract new customers.
Some or all of the following skills would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of local craft beer trends.
- Cellar Management including ordering and stock control.
- A passion for live sport and the ability to plan a diverse event calendar.
- Social Media & Events planning, including the use of the function room
- Due diligence experience is necessary as you will be responsible for certain aspects of H&S
What’s in it for our Assistant Manager:
- An achievable Transparent Bonus Scheme paying £1 or £1.50 and hour extra based on site sales.
- Huge training and learning opportunities including on job, external courses and our 10-month Assistant Managers Development Programme.
- A chance to make your mark in a collaborative and fun environment with an enthusiastic support team and interesting range of customers.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
- A tangible opportunity to progress your career.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our people just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Gavin & the Team!