Assistant General Manager - Market House
Experience required – Minimum 2 years manager experience in a strong product-based venue
The Market house, Reading has landed!! We’ve been an overwhelming success since we opened a few weeks ago and we are thrilled at the feedback from our amazing customers. We offer a unique emporium of all thing’s hospitality including a market floor with ever changing food options, a beautiful large bar and separate cocktail bar, secret vault garden, 24 bedrooms and a rooftop event, garden and bar area.
To deliver this incredible, multi-faceted venue we are on the hunt for a highly experienced Assistant Manager who is looking to really excel in a unique venue that will be all about products and service. Our ideal AGM will be creative, bursting with ideas, but also a capable pair of hands to help operate this consistently high-volume venue. If you can inspire and train your team to deliver great service in an ever-changing product led business, then this is perfect for you!
Working alongside our superstar GM, Sam and experienced Head Chef, Tom, our Assistant General Manager will be keen to make their mark and become part of something from the very beginning! Working with us will give you the opportunity to carry on learning and take your career to the next level.
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
About our Assistant General Manager:
- A proven track record of guiding and developing teams – coaching, mentoring and sharing enthusiasm.
- This will be a very busy changeable bar and so will need you to be proactive and quick thinking
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as be a leader – you will need to on projects and assume responsibility in the General Manager’s absence.
- Working knowledge of general best practice including cash-handling, Health & Safety and overall due diligence.
- Experience of running both bar and floor services, you will need to be confident in running busy shifts as well as hosting functions and being part of the team who will look after the hotel guests.
Some or all of the following skills would be advantageous:
- Previous experience of working on a new opening from the start, would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Knowledge of local and international craft beer/wine/cocktail trends.
- A talent for spotting and resolving problems quickly and efficiently.
- Cellar Management including ordering and stock control.
- An understanding of Gross Profit, yield targets, wage targets & budgeting would be an advantage.
- Social Media & Events planning, including the use of the function room.
What’s in it for our Assistant General Manager:
- An achievable Transparent Bonus Scheme of up to £2.5k a year.
- Performance related Share Options.
- Huge training and learning opportunities including on job, external courses and our 10-month Assistant Managers Development Programme.
- A chance to make your mark in a collaborative and fun environment with an experienced General Manager.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
- A tangible opportunity to progress your career.
- Team VIP access to our online Club Room which includes our Wellness Centre, discounts, offers and benefits
- £250-£500 referral bonus scheme for recommending someone to work with us
- Review rewards scheme.
- Delicious team meals and bottomless hot drinks.
- A somewhat spectacular annual staff party!
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they do and have strong sense of leadership and product knowledge.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sam, Tom & The Market House Team!