Sports Club General Manager
Rosedale Sports Club is a local Sports and Social Club. It is home to Rosedale Bowls Club, Cheshunt Rugby Club and Cheshunt Rosedale Cricket Club. All occupy and share the facilities at Andrew’s Lane in Cheshunt - located in a pleasant rural setting on the edge of a prime London commuter town. The area benefits from great schools and excellent transport links, shopping and leisure facilities.
The club has recently undergone a dramatic face lift and now boasts new facilities set over fourteen acres of land, including a newly built clubhouse, changing rooms and floodlight Artifical Grass Pitch.
As part of the club’s continuous improvement we are now seeking to employ a new General Manager who will move the club forward.
The roll will include:
- Day to day operational management of this large site
- Holding the license for Rosedale Sports Club and to being the licensee for the club
- Manage a small team to deliver efficiencies across departments
- Strategic planning for club development
- Budgetary management, forecasting and planning
- Presenting to the board and club members
- Bar and cellar duties
- Deliver high levels of safeguarding and customer services
- Increasing revenue through membership and external events
We can offer:
- Generous remuneration, up to £38K per annum (dependent on experience)
- Bonus opportunity for exceeding revenue targets
- Live in facilities comprised of a 3 bed, 2 bath, 1100 sq ft apartment, utilities included
- 20 days standard annual leave plus 7 Public Holidays per annum
The role is suited to a real all-rounder who has operated multi-faceted leisure businesses and has ideally managed committee or board relationships. The successful individual will have proven experience in financial management, exceptional customer service and business development. They must also be eligible to manage licensed premises and be able to hold the club license.
Opportunity for additional casual employment for partners, children or family members subject to age, experience and director approval.
This is a great opportunity to join Rosedale Sports Club at an exciting time in the club’s development!
To make an application, please forward a copy of an up to date curriculum vitae and a letter of application to email@example.com
Please include in your letter of application an example of how you would look to move the club forward in your first year of employment
Closing date for applications: 12th October 2019 with interviews held on the 18th and 19th October.