Salary: Up to £42,000.00 per annum DOE plus travel, profit share & company benefits
OTE/Bonus Potential: TBC
Hours: As required to include some evenings & weekends
Location: Bath, Bristol, Exeter, Cardiff, Southampton
Experience required: A minimum of 4 years Head Chef experience
As The City Pub Group continues its rapid and ambitions growth, whilst retaining its core (independently minded) values, an opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and passionate Area Chef to join the food team in developing and implementing some exciting new systems and long-term plans.
Reporting into the Operations Manager & Group Executive Chef, you will be given a rare insight into strategy building and have the opportunity to become an integral part of the food team. We’re looking for someone with strong Head Chef background from a fresh food operation and ideally non-branded, although for the right candidate this won’t be a deal breaker.
Through effective support, direction and leadership, the Area Chef will help deliver consistently high levels of standards, product quality and customer service across the region as well as assist with future openings.
This is the perfect opportunity for a senior Head Chef ready to take the next step, or an Area Chef looking for a new challenge. Please note, this is not a role for pencil pushers or office dwellers! You’ll be in our kitchens a minimum of 4 days per week, leading from the front whilst continuing your personal development with an ever-growing company.
If you’re a fantastic communicator who leads by example, is well versed in kitchen management and with an unflinching passion for food, hospitality & teamwork, keep reading!
About our perfect Area Chef:
- An experienced Head Chef with a track record of developing and managing successful kitchens.
- An excellent working knowledge of all aspects of kitchen management, including financial performance, food hygiene, HR & menu development.
- Keen to maintain a hands-on role and your presence in kitchen.
- An excellent communicator – both verbal and written – with a passion for working as part of a team.
- A strong work ethic and able to commit to a flexible work schedule as per the needs of the businesses.
- Capable of managing our own diary whilst working flexible hours based on the needs of the business.
- Highly organised with great time management.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
What’s in it for our Area Chef:
- The chance to make your mark!
- Working alongside like-minded and dedicated professionals who take a team approach to achieving success.
- Enjoy flexible working hours from the field.
- Competitive discounts of food and drink across the estate.
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday.
- All travel costs and work-related expenses.
- Company laptop.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
We look forward to receiving your CV and meeting some fantastic and experienced Head Chefs!
Vincent Glouton (Group Exec Chef) & Jim Charlton (Regional Director)