Head Chef – The Althorp
Salary: Up to £35,00 per annum plus bonus
OTE/Bonus Potential: £4,000
Location: Wandsworth Common SW17
Name of Site: The Althorp
Experience required Minimum 1 year as a head chef with a fresh food offer
The Althorp is a busy pub on Wandsworth Common in SW17 with a fresh, evolving food menu and average food sales of £6k-£8k per week.
We have a vacancy for an experienced Head Chef to lead our small, friendly kitchen team and continue making The Althorp one of the best local pubs in the area!
You’ll have experience in a kitchen where everything is freshly prepared and you’ll have the opportunity to use your creative skills as we write our own menus quarterly.
The City Pub Group are an independent Pub Company that believe in empowering and developing talented people to reach their full potential. So if you have a passion for working with quality fresh ingredients and developing exciting seasonal menus this could well be the challenge you’ve been waiting for!
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our Head Chef:
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- Work with fresh ingredients and evolve interesting, quirky and seasonally changing menus.
- Achievable transparent bonus structure.
- Performance related Share Options.
- Training and development including the opportunity to become a ‘Mentor’ to our Academy Members.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
About our Head Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Head Chef who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge.
- A determined and hard-working chef that is able to collaborate with Senior Management on a thoughtful and well-structured menu.
- Proven track record of running a professional kitchen including managing budgeted GPs and *5 Food Hygiene.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of building, motivating and developing teams to get the best results at all times.
The following skills would also be advantageous:
- Menu development and costing experience.
- Proven track record of managing budgeted GP’s.
- History of training and developing teams.
- A background of dealing with high volume and preparing fresh ingredients
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our people just as well as we look after our customers.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Simon & the team