Head Chef – George Street Social
Salary: Up to £31,000
OTE/Bonus Potential: Up to £2,000pa
Name of Site: George Street Social
Experience required: Previous management or supervisory experience in a catering or food retail environment demonstrating the ability to manage and motivate staff, deliver an excellent standard of service and problem solving.
George Street Social, the buzzy, all-day dining café/restaurant in the heart of Oxford City Centre, attracts a wide variety of people as well as something for everyone. We’re on the lookout for a superstar Head Chef that will add to the personality and local atmosphere that the George Street Social has become known for.
We are looking for somebody who will create a friendly and productive working environment, encourage the development of their team & continually assess the needs of the business.
People are at the heart of everything we do at George Street Social and so we are looking for somebody who shares our passion and is up for a challenge to join our team. George Street Social’s speciality is all-day brunch, where everything is cooked fresh on the premises. We source our produce locally where possible. Saturday and Sundays have become events in themselves due to our Bottomless prosecco brunch.
City Pub Group is an independent Pub Company that believes in empowering and developing talented people to reach their full potential. So, if you have a passion for working with quality fresh ingredients and developing exciting seasonal menus, this could well be the challenge you’ve been waiting for!
We offer excellent benefits, including company profit share, share options, and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our Head Chef:
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- Work with fresh ingredients and evolve interesting, quirky and seasonally changing menus.
- Achievable Transparent Bonus Structure
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017
- Performance related Share Options
- Training and development including the opportunity to become a ‘Mentor’ to our Academy Members
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
About our next Head Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Head Chef who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge.
- A determined and hard-working chef that is able to collaborate with Senior Management on a thoughtful and well-structured menu.
- Proven track record of running a professional kitchen including managing budgeted GPs and *5 Food Hygiene.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of building, motivating and developing teams to get the best results at all times.
The following skills would also be advantageous:
- Menu development and costing experience.
- Proven track record of managing budgeted GP’s.
- History of training and developing teams.
- A background of dealing with high volume and preparing fresh ingredients.
- Fresh homemade ingredients experience.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
George Street Social and Team