Assistant General Manager – Old Bicycle Shop
2 days left
- Assistant Pub Manager
Salary: Up to £28,000 + Bonus
OTE/Bonus Potential: Up to £6,000 per annum
Name of Site: Old Bicycle Shop, Regent Street
Experience required Minimum 2 years’ experience in high volume customer service focused venue
In 2013, a much-loved Cambridge institution closed its doors after 173 years’ trading. Howes Cycles claimed to be the oldest bicycle shop in the country and rumor has it that Charles Darwin, famed for his ‘Theory of Evolution’, bought a bike from this shop in the 1800s. Fast forward a century or two and you’ll now find this quaint old building has a new lease of life – as a restaurant & bar, with a quirky interior designed to celebrate the heritage of the original shop.
Open all day for brunch, lunch and dinner, The Old Bicycle Shop provides a unique setting for all sorts of occasions, from a quick coffee and brunch to a special dinner with friends. We take pride in serving fresh, locally-sourced food for all tastes, with a particular reputation for our vege & vegan offerings, albeit there’s plenty on the menu for meat & fish lovers too!
Old Bicycle Shop is our flagship food led pub/restaurant with quality produce and dishes at the heart of the business. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, organized and skilled Assistant General Manager to join our team and drive it to even higher standards whilst keeping a keen eye on future business opportunities. You will be offered a leading role within a consistently performing business with many growth opportunities for future development within the Hospitality field and City Pub company
So, if you have an un-rivalled passion for food, lead from the front & can drive your team to excel in customer service… Get in touch!
What’s in it for our Assistant General Manager:
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- Work with fresh ingredients and evolve interesting, quirky and seasonally changing menus.
- Achievable Transparent Bonus Structure
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017
- Performance related Share Options
- Training and development including the opportunity to become a ‘Mentor’ to our Academy Members
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
About our Assistant General Manager:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and proven Assistant General Manager who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge.
- A determined and hard-working manager that is able to collaborate with Senior Management on how to develop their team and the business
- Proven track record of running shifts and developing staff.
- Good communication skills and ability to achieve goals.
- Experience of building, motivating and developing teams to get the best results at all times.
The following skills would also be advantageous:
- Strong ability to maintain quality of service and hit wage targets
- Proven track record of managing budgeted GP’s.
- History of training and developing teams.
- A background of dealing with high volume and quality food.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual and has a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in quality service and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Steven and the Old Bicycle Shop Team