Assistant General Manager - Aragon House
Assistant General Manager
Location: Parsons Green, Fulham
Name of Site: Aragon House
Experience required: Previous General Manager experience required within a smaller operation
Our biggest and newest London site is complete and we’re looking at expanding our management team.
Aragon House is an ambitious, multi-faceted business operating multiple bars, 2 kitchens, a restaurant area, two function rooms, 15 bedrooms, as well as a large outside trading area. In all there are over 400 covers on site!
To help us deliver our extensive offer, we are looking for an experienced and proactive Junior General Manager or high-volume Assistant General Manager, who’s keen to make their mark and become part of something epic! You’ll be working alongside the General Manager and other AGM. You will be looking after much of the day to day operation of the business with a junior management team reporting directly into you. This is a high-profile position, so we are looking for a high level of experience and passion. Working with us will give you the opportunity to carry on learning and take your career to the next level.
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more!
What’s in it for our Assistant General Manager:
- Opportunity to make your mark and be part of something really exciting right from the beginning.
- Greater autonomy and responsibility than normal. Being such a diverse business, this is not a position for someone who is happy to sit on the fence.
- An achievable Transparent Bonus Scheme of up to £5k a year.
- Performance related Share Options.
- A chance to make your mark in a collaborative and fun environment with an experienced operational General Manager.
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 per employee from 2017.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
- A tangible opportunity to progress your career.
What we expect from our Assistant General Manager:
- Impeccable front of house skills, you must be a natural host!
- A proven track record of guiding and developing teams – coaching, mentoring and sharing enthusiasm.
- It’s going to be busy, so being able to think on your feet and adapt to situations as they unfold is a must.
- The ability to work as part of a large team, as well as be a leader – you will need to take control of projects and assume responsibility of much of the general day to day operations of the business. You will be working with different departments to achieve financial goals so effective communication skills are a must.
- You will be adept at all of the day-to-day aspects of running a busy business, as well as back of house procedures such as health and safety, stock taking, financials and HR procedures
Some or all of the following skills would be advantageous:
- Previous experience of working on a new opening from the start.
- Knowledge of current industry trends.
- A talent for spotting and resolving problems quickly and efficiently.
- An understanding of Gross Profit, yield targets, wage targets & budgeting would be an advantage.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual, unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.