Head Chef – The Travellers Friend
6 days left
- Pub Chef
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum plus bonus
OTE/Bonus Potential: £6,000
Location: Woodford Green, Essex
Name of Site: The Travellers Friend
We have a wonderful opportunity for a creative and driven Head Chef to join our team at The Travellers Friend in Woodford Green.
We offer a newly refurbished kitchen and restaurant with an 80-cover restaurant and a further 30-covers in the pub and a garden that seats 60 more! We are the heart of the local community and we are known as the ‘Spivs.’ The pub has a long history and we need a passionate Head Chef that wants to create a friendly place to work and visit. If successful, you need to be able to write daily specials alongside a seasonal ever-changing fresh pub menu, train and develop your team to increase sales and work on building an exceptional reputation.
The City Pub Group are an independent Pub Company that believe in empowering and developing talented people to reach their full potential. So if you have a passion for working with quality fresh ingredients and developing exciting seasonal menus this could well be the challenge you’ve been waiting for!
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our Head Chef:
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- Work with fresh ingredients and evolve interesting, quirky and seasonally changing menus.
- Achievable Transparent Bonus Structure.
- Performance related Share Options.
- Training and development including the opportunity to become a ‘Mentor’ to our Academy Members.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme.
About our Head Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Head Chef who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge.
- A determined and hard-working chef that is able to collaborate with Senior Management on a thoughtful and well-structured menu.
- Proven track record of running a professional kitchen including managing budgeted GPs and *5 Food Hygiene.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of building, motivating and developing teams to get the best results at all times.
The following skills would also be advantageous:
- Menu development and costing experience.
- Proven track record of managing budgeted GP’s.
- History of training and developing teams.
- Fresh homemade experience.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.