The Bay Horse is a Traditional British Pub in the Heart of Bishop Auckland just off set from the Market Place in the historic street of Fore Bondgate. Popular for televised sports and with live music & karaoke every weekend it becomes a local haven for the people of Bishop Auckland. The Bay Horse retains its roots as a long established, proper pub, with various pub teams, and an eclectic choice of ales & Traditional open fire. The pub is set between a large carpark, Newgate shopping centre and Bishop Auckland Bus station.
What do we look for in our operators?
• A real people’s person. Someone who can’t bear to be away from the public;
• A visible, larger than life, presence in the pub so everyone knows their landlord or lady;
• Great standards, complete eye for detail, knowing this will bring rewards;
• Passionate about excellent service and product quality;
• People who love to entertain and know how to create a real buzz.
our history is not as important as your future, so we consider people from all backgrounds, you might not even have run a bar before, but have a perfect “pub personality” or you may be a true trade veteran, whatever you are, if your personality fits to your chosen bar, you’re our first choice!
HOW IT WORKS!
We pay you 18% of the net sales every week for managing the pub for us! So the more trade you bring to your pub the more you earn. There is scope to develop our commercial Kitchen with 100% of the responsibility and profit being your own. You will be classed as a self employed person. You will be required to live on site.
We pay all business bills – Sky, Business Rates, Utilities, Entertainment, Repairs, Maintenance, Stock, Glassware, etc…
All the tools of the trade including the stock are provided by ourselves, you will have access to an knowledgeable area manager who will be able to help you with sales building ideas for your chosen pub. This could be product promotions, entertainment offers, team games, food menu development and simply just someone to chat ideas through with.
To be successful all you need to do is operate the pub to the required company standard by providing the necessary staffing.
Benefits of working for us?
• Flexibility to make the pub your own. There is no “brand handbook” with us
• Minimal investment required. This NOT a tenancy or lease. A bond is required for security against cash and stock only
• Access to 5,000 product lines through our sister company www.lwc-drinks.co.uk
• Help and advice every step of the way from an experienced yet down to earth operations team.
Security Bond is required
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Commission
Apply for Pub Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly