- Pub Chef
BULL INN SONNING - KITCHEN
The Bull Inn is an old, characterful place that maintains a traditional pub atmosphere. Serving quality fresh food to a largely local crowd, the pub also offers accommodation in the form of seven boutique bedrooms.
What we can offer you;
- Enjoy the fast-paced fun of pub life
- Learn new skills to enhance your career with our industry leading training and development.
- Belong to a supportive, close-knit team
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% in all Fuller's pubs and heavily discounted stays in our hotels.
- We will reward you every time you introduce a friend to the Fuller’s family who successfully passes their probation.
- A great benefits package including enhanced sick pay.
The Bull Inn is looking for an enthusiastic commis chef to join its team of dedicated chefs.
The Bull Inn is an established pub & small hotel in the heart of picturesque Sonning. Having just under gone a full refurbishment, you will have a brand-new kitchen at your disposal as well as a very talented head chef, who is passionate about fresh food and seasonality
We are looking for someone who is organised and self-motivated with a creative outlook and motivation to not only help develop our food offering but themselves as well. The opportunity to progress within Fuller’s is outstanding, we nurture and mentor our staff to be the best they can be and will support you every step along the way.
Are you ready for the pace of a premium pub kitchen?
Join us in the role of Commis Chef and enjoy the fast pace of our busy kitchen – as you help to prepare the fresh food that keeps customers coming back.
You’ll be working alongside a first-class team of talented chefs to create something really special. And because we take food seriously at Fuller’s, you’ll always be working with fresh, seasonal, local ingredients too.
- Enjoy the camaraderie of the kitchen
- Build your kitchen skills and develop your catering career
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% in all Fuller's pubs!
- Development programmes to kick start your career
For those who can ‘stand the heat’, life in the kitchen is extremely exciting. It’s fast-paced, challenging work, but offers a real sense of reward and endless career opportunities. In this role you will be supporting the Head Chef to develop their dishes and will learn a great deal in the process.
As a Commis Chef, you’ll largely be preparing ingredients to help the senior chefs. It’s a great way to develop your career, allowing you to hone your talent and learn diverse cooking styles and techniques that will develop your repertoire.
You won’t be expected to have exceptional food knowledge just yet, but it’s crucial you have basic cookery skills and share our passion for fresh produce.
And we’re interested in your personality too. Your potential, your commitment and your ability to work under pressure is every bit as important to us as your knife-handling skills.
- You must be an excellent team player
- You’ll thrive on the hectic pace of the kitchen
- You’ll have real enthusiasm for fresh food
Please understand that we will also need proof of your right to work in the UK.