ASSISTANT MANAGER - Ship Inn
- Assistant Pub Manager
SHIP INN LANGSTONE
The Ship Inn is a Premium destination site that has a diverse guest base and runs as a 50 /50 split business. Based on the Langstone Harbor it has a relaxed bar area holding 80 covers and a restaurant level service on the first floor catering for up to 100 guests. A full calendar of events support the sales from functions and 3 course dining experiences to full private hire and casual dining trade. A sea front view that boost a further 200 seats, this very seasonal site drives quality throughout its menu, signatures dishes and team development.
Could you be the key to real team spirit?
The business has been in a state if growth for the past 18 months and is set to continue with a planned refurbishment in the near future.
We are looking for someone who is looking for a long term career both within the team and fullers and is able to drive the guest and team experience in everything they do.
The role will take your learning and progression, supporting all aspects of the business whilst continually developing your position that will be based on long term goals to help you achieve your own future plans.
As our Trainee Assistant Manager, you’ll take charge of all aspects of the site helping the team to create a special atmosphere for customers.
You’ll still be out there on the floor but will play a key role in supporting the General Manager drive the business, plan events and develop opportunities.
- Enjoy the fast-paced fun of pub life
- Learn new skills to enhance your career with our industry leading training and development.
- Belong to a supportive, close-knit team
- Benefit from a competitive pay and structured review scheme and great discounts including 20% in all Fuller's pubs and heavily discounted stays in our hotels.
- We will reward you every time you introduce a friend to the Fuller’s family who successfully passes their probation.
Trainee Assistant Manager is a rewarding role which sees you take responsibility for the happiness of customers and morale of staff.
You’ll need to take ownership of problems, and you’ll live by a mantra of ‘always doing the right thing’ – even if it occasionally means bending the rules.
In supporting the General Manager, this is also a great way to learn the business side of running a pub. It’s a chance to develop your skills, and garner the knowledge you need to progress your career even further.
The great thing about Fuller’s is that we hire on the basis of potential, more than previous experience. All we need to know is that you’ve got the right character for the role:
- You’ll be a great communicator
- You’ll have great decision-making skills
- You should be a confident, capable leader
- You’ll need to be organised
Please understand that we will need proof of your right to work in the UK.